Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The holidays are especially hard for us

I think for any Step Mother it is. For the childless ones, it's even harder. It's a reminder of our situation and it's lack of  control or tradition.

Blogger lets me know how people stumble upon my blog via keywords. I can tell by the search words so many of you are in pain. I understand. This time of year is the worst.

Keep in mind, you may not BE a Mother but you DO have an influence on a child's (or children's ) life more than you may think or know. You are an adult role model. YOU CAN establish new traditions to share. You are not replacing anyone, you are adding/enhancing. I said it once and I will say it again, you can be maternal without being a biological Mother. Some biological Mothers are not maternal at all (My Mother!).

Also, don't try to be so perfect during this time of year. Do your best but don't over extend yourself and keep your expectations realistic. If you do not take care of yourself, you will be of no good to others and also not a pleasure to be around!

No comments:

Post a Comment