Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Discipline

This is a hard one when the child is not "yours". How strict do you get? What lines do you not cross?

I am lucky that DH and BM both are OK with me taking on a parental role which includes discipline however, this is a really grey and DANGEROUS area.

There are a lot of things I turn a blind eye too for several reasons. One is I fear of becoming the "Evil Stepmother" to the girls. The other thing is pissing off the BM. Although she supports me in my role (she is a SM herself), she is still their Mother and naturally her first instinct is to protect them. This also spills over to DH. Sometimes, he can get defensive if I call a bluff he KNOWS is true even though he begs me sometimes to help him. It can be VERY frustrating AND confusing. Don't even get me started with the Grandmothers who, in their eyes, the Grandchildren can do no wrong despite them agreeing they need more discipline. It's enough to make your head spin. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I am starting to think zipping it is the best thing for me. Maybe not for all but, these kids have their two parents and I have to believe that they are ultimately the ones responsible.

No comments:

Post a Comment