Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Extend the olive branch

Just try...

My BM invited us over for a drink when we drop the girls off Christmas Eve. My husband asked me what I wanted to do. Much to his surprise, I said yes. My girls are getting older and I have to get used to blended family occasions throughout the rest of my years. I just hope any of my in-laws don't intrude or it becomes a dog and pony show.

I  invited her over Christmas day because it is just going to be her, her DH, and parents. She thanked me but said they had dinner reservations. I told her I am sorry if it felt weird and she said no and was glad we got along.

Would it have been weird for me? To have BM in MY HOUSE? Yes.

But...

The band aid has to come off someday.

Isn't it better to just stop putting off the pain?

No comments:

Post a Comment