Monday, December 5, 2011

What you think they are feeling may not be the case.

I take prenatal vitamins for my hair and nails (ladies over 40, it works!). My GYN suggested it. She also said "just in case!".

My SDs found the bottle. They asked me if I was pregnant.

I told them why I was taking them.

My one Step daughter said "Good I am glad you are not pregnant".

I asked her why. I didn't just get mad or upset. I wanted to know WHY!??? Does she hate me? Not want to be #1 anymore?

She said "I'd be jealous another child would see my Father more than me"

That was it.

So I told her "Those feelings are normal. But it hurts me that something that could be so wonderful for me and make me so happy, would make you so sad".

She hugged me. She said she was sorry. She then said "It would be OK then".

Communicate. Find out why. Discuss.

It's not always what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment