Monday, March 12, 2012

Why becoming a StepMother is hard...especially if you have no children of your own.

Sometimes it is hard to 100% discipline my SDs. I have the blessings of DH and BM but, they don't get it. There are certain boundaries you cannot cross. I am NOT the parent or relative, for that matter.  It's very frustrating at times.

There are also not a lot of women to ask. A Mom and Step Mom are different. A childless StepMom usually has childless friends who don't want to hear it (but yet are curious...I have someone at work who found my blog and reads it...how and why I do not know). Your friends with kids don't understand or make you feel worse about it.

To explain better, I am referring to a great sample article by StepMom Magazine (a really good positive online source!) to try to explain it.

If you are a SM, a CSM, know someone who is, or a Stepchild; read it!

Top 10 Reasons Why Becoming a StepMom is More Difficult Than Becoming a Mom

3 comments:

  1. WOW I'm so glad I found this! It seems like there is no help for women like us! I've started blogging myself and trying to get the word out there about the difficulties we face. Thank you so much for posting the article, I totally needed that today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please feel free to check out my blog http://childless-stepmoms.blogspot.com and the facebook page I created on the topic too www.facebook.com/childlessstepmoms I would love to reach out to more women like us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are welcome, Emily. I will be following your writings!

    ReplyDelete