Monday, July 16, 2012

Actions will always speak louder than words

I was at my MIL's a while ago. Seems like any pictures of me in them are in cabinet with SOME glass. The wedding "parent" book I made 2 years ago has been put away. On display are all pictures of her Grand kids, daughter of her wedding 10 years ago, daughter with husband, picture of DH with girls, etc. None of me in them are out; not one. The ones in the cabinet are probably maybe 2.

This isn't a vanity thing, it's a FAMILY thing.

I think she did that because she has BM's parents over sometimes.

I don't care how nice she is to me or what she says (which is very genuine; I adore her), but the sad reality is I WILL NEVER be the Mother of her Grand children despite making her OWN son much happier than BM. Her grand kids are her world so in pecking order it's them, BM, and then BM's parents feelings that will always reign first.

One of the many isolating and lonely realities for a Childless Stepmother.


No comments:

Post a Comment