Friday, July 27, 2012

It's OK to be selfish

Lately I have been feeling guilty. I don't fawn over my SDs as much. It's not because I don't love them, but it is a mixture of a few things.

One, they are teens now and really want to be with friends, not boring adults. Mostly what I say is outdated anyway (WHO AM I?!?).

Two, I have competition with 3 other women and it is exhausting sometimes. BM, her Mother and my MIL. To be honest, it's not so much BM, but the GMs! I even think they rival with each other secretly.

Lastly, I feel like I have forgotten my passions in the last 5 years of this journey. I got to thinking I am not good to ANYONE, including my SDs, if I am not happy with my life. Plus, I am not the Mom. I know that. Part of that stings, but part of it really leaves me free to pursue goals. Which I have!

There is an article by one of the writers of  No One's Bitch 's Jenna Korf. It really explains what I am going through and makes me feel like I am living the right choice.

Had enough of the Mom or Stepmom? It's time to move on.


No comments:

Post a Comment